Annual Village Meeting of the Letchmore Heath Village Trust
Wednesday 19th September 2018 at 20.00
Aldenham War Memorial Hall
You are warmly invited to attend the Annual Village Meeting of the LHVT. The main objective of the meeting is to provide an opportunity to recognise and discuss issues of local concern.
- Apologies for Absence
- Chairman’s Introduction
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of LHVT members
- FASTER BROADBAND – Jane Darley (Community Fire Partnership Manager – Openreach) will attend the AGM and answer questions.
- Brief reports on LHVT 2017/18 progress.
- Open forum
Link to flyer: AGM_2018_Flyer
Dog owners in Letchmore Heath enjoy the opportunity to walk their dogs in the fields owned by Aldenham School. This facility is offered as a gesture of goodwill from the School to villagers.
Recent reports confirm a steady increase in dog mess left uncollected. This creates unacceptable health and safety issues to school pupils, staff and other users.
The Rules are simple. DOG WALKERS MUST ENSURE THAT:
- ALL DOG MESS IS IMMEDIATELY PICKED UP AND DISPOSED OF – BINS ARE PROVIDED IN COOKE’S FIELD. If you see uncollected dog mess, PLEASE COLLECT IT AND PLACE IT IN THE BINS PROVIDED.
- Dogs walked on or near Top Field, the Chapel or Button Field (small field behind the Prep School), are kept on a lead.
- Dogs walked on Cooke’s Field may be taken off the lead, but must be kept under control.
The School wishes to maintain unlocked gate access to Cooke’s (and other) Fields. HOWEVER……..if the amount of dog mess left uncollected does not reduce significantly in the immediate future, the School will be duty bound to consider locking the gate and removing access to all their playing fields.
The minority of offending dog owners are known. They are threatening access to School fields for all local dog walkers. So please, for everyone’s benefit, RESPECT THE RULES.
FIREWORKS ANNOUNCEMENT AT ALDENHAM SCHOOL
SUNDAY 9th DECEMBER 2018 – 17:15 FOR APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES
Please click on the below to view the Hertsmere Waste Collection Calendar